Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Favorite quotes of the day

Favorite quote of the day:

“We are always getting ready to live but never living.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I identify with this. Although I am working harder to enjoy the moment, I tend to focus on the past or the future. I spend time crying over regrets from the past, or I spend time thinking that "when I finish school, my life will start;" or "when I pass the bar exam life will be great;" or "when I have a baby my life will be complete;" or "when (insert some future accomplishemnt or event), my world will be complete." I guess that is why Matthew 6:34 (the message translation) says:

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."

My favorite recent blog quote from my friend, Kipp:
"we have too many lips flapping for Christ and we are short handed on workers."

No comments: