Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Learning to say no and other random thoughts

I can't say no. However, I am learning. I've gotten myself involved in too many things. Of course, this was all done with the best of intentions. I've learned that it is easier to say no than it is to resign from activities that you've started and done for a while.

On another note, I am teaching the Salem Business Law class again this semester. However, part of this class is online. This is a new challenge - to try to have good discussions and interactions while using forums and chats.

We've been busy. It seems that we've had something to do every night for days now.

I wonder how a person stops worrying and feeling guilty? Most of my guilt and worry relates to my family, but I also worry about work, and other activities. I feel guilty sometimes because I feel pulled in so many directions, and I feel like work, kids, my husband, church, friends, etc. are all getting short changed because I am pulled in so many directions.

On being grateful - it can be tough. I think that focusing on my blessings is worthwhile, but sometimes it is hard to take the time to reflect. I guess that is a sign that I, like many other people, am too busy to really slow down and be mindful of my day to day life.

No comments: