Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Guilty Pleasure

I was talking to a friend and she said something that struck me. She said, "You and your husband work so hard. You need to play more." For those that know me, you know that I am determined and focused. I generally work hard and try to use all of my time productively. I multitask, and I try to make the best use of every minute of my day. However, something about her statement made me want to play.

A few weeks ago, Mike bought a used guitar and the game Guitar Hero. He played all the time and begged me to play. I kept refusing (because I thought that I was "above" such immature games). One night Mike begged and I agreed. I generally stink at video games (our friend Jeremy has witnessed me go the wrong way in car races), but for some reason, this game came fairly easily to me. Plus it was FUN. We also got together with some friends and played Rock Band. I tried the drums (but they are hard), and I even sang. I got 99% on Vaseline and 100% on Interstate Love Song (I am a HUGE STP fan). It was fun to sing because I like to sing, but I am not good. I also love playing the guitar and bass.

The only drawback to these games is that you sometimes feel like you could actually be a rock star or play the guitar one day.

I may not become a famous rock band member, but in the meantime, I am playing and having fun. Isn't there some saying - the family that plays together stays together?

No comments: